The Flynn Center is a full-service home for the performing arts in the region; offers a wide range of cultural and educational experiences; and nurtures the creative development of performing artists. The Flynn is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization.
Providing a Home for the Performing Arts
The Flynn provides a well-equipped and managed home for the arts and services that include a box office, ushers (Flynn Spirits), concessions, and professional crew. While educational studios primarily serve the Flynn’s own education programs, the Flynn provides a performance venue for the Vermont Symphony Orchestra, the Vermont Youth Orchestra, Lyric Theatre, and Vermont Stage Company, as well as the UVM Lane Series, and many local and touring groups. The quality of our facilities and services attracts leading concert promoters and major events in Burlington. Public spaces include:
- 1,411-seat proscenium auditorium
- 180-seat cabaret space
- A gallery with rotating exhibits of area artists
- Two education studios
- Adjoining lobbies
Presenting the Finest in the Performing Arts
Regularly scheduled performances at the Flynn include:
- The Flynn Season, featuring world-class music, Broadway, theater, dance, and family performances on the MainStage, with additional touring shows added throughout the year.
- Intimate music, theater, and dance experiences in FlynnSpace, also on the Season, plus many programs added year-round.
- The annual 10-day Burlington Discover Jazz Festival, presented through a unique partnership with the city of Burlington and area businesses.
A Leader in Arts Education
The Flynn offers a range of valuable programs designed to help teachers and schools adopt new ways to use the arts to achieve their classroom goals, as well as myriad classes and workshops for all to lead a more expressive life. Click here for an in-depth description of our education programs.