Employment & Internship Opportunities
FlynnTix Regional Box Office Customer Service Representative
Permanent part-time position includes telephone and in-person window ticket sales. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required as well as accuracy and speed in data entry. Evening and weekend hours required in addition to some weekday availability.
To apply, mail a cover letter and resume to:
Flynn Center Box Office, Attn: Leeeza
153 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete an application at the
Box Office Window.
No phone calls, please. EOE
Membership & Events Manager
The Flynn Center for the Performing Arts seeks applicants for an important full-time position in the Development Department of northern New England's premier performing arts center.
The Membership and Events Manager is responsible for generating and maintaining individual and corporate memberships and overseeing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of members. The Membership Manager will set goals for overall membership with specific focus on the implementation of strategies to meet renewal and upgrade goals. This position also oversees and manages at least one benefit event each year and manages or assists with other benefits and events as needed. Helps design and implement new fund raising events.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- With the Development Director, sets goals for annual individual and corporate membership campaigns.
- In collaboration with the Development team and Marketing Department, develops and implements an overall fundraising strategy including retention and upgrade of previous members and cultivation strategies for newly acquired members.
- Initiates and maintains the Flynn Center's relationship with local restaurants and oversees the Flynn Dining Circle partnership.
- Works with the Development Director to coordinate specific strategies for the JJ Flynn Circle, plans the annual JJ Flynn thank-you event and is prime contact for JJ Flynn member outreach and assistance.
- Plans and organizes member-related and various membership cultivation events.
- Creates and plans the yearly solicitation campaign and oversees monthly renewal process and purchase of all member materials as needed.
- Works with the Development team, IT, and Marketing to build relationships with members through the Tessitura program. Creates and maintains a vibrant social media presence for members.
- Verifies that the on-line membership application functionality is working properly and that a strong membership presence is maintained on the Flynn Center website.
- Develops and executes plans to provide member services and maintains excellent relationships with individual and corporate members.
- Works closely with the Box Office Manager and Supervisors to maintain excellent member relationships and customer service.
- Prepares monthly membership reports, tracks actual versus budget numbers, and provides analysis of various membership trends.
- Follows up with lapsed members when personal contact is required.
- Supervises the Development Assistant.
- Designs and executes at least one benefit event per year including recruiting sponsors and a strong support committee. Develops and monitors budgets.
- Works with sponsors, vendors, committee members and outside agents for each event, representing the best interest of the center for a successful event and achievement of goal.
- Coordinates with the Marketing Department on all public relations efforts for events.
- Coordinates benefit ticket sales with the Box Office as needed.
- Serves as representative to various outside organizations such as Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Chittenden County.
- Takes a leadership role including overseeing donor-related and partner-related cultivation receptions and events with the local colleges and community partners.
- Plans other events as required.
- Maintains a strong night-of-show presence for MainStage performances.
- Manages the Flynn membership table function and oversees the scheduling of volunteers.Assists the Development Director with events such as Flynn Garden Tour, Home and Garden Online Auction, Student Matinee cultivation activities and Legacy Society activities as needed.
- Helps Development staff to recruit and maintain volunteers for various event committees and general Development Department activities
- Assists the Development Director with general development activities including recruiting sponsors for various events and planned giving activities.
- Performs related duties as required.
Administrative/functional supervision of the Development Assistant.
Supervision is received from the Development Director.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Experience in fundraising activities.
- A passion and understanding for members and donors with the ability to problem solve and accomplish a positive result.
- Ability to interact effectively with and represent the Flynn to a broad range of individuals both in and outside the organization.
- Ability to collaborate across departments to achieve Flynn goals. Must be a good team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- General knowledge of development software systems.
- Ability to prepare and monitor budgets.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in communicating through various social media outlets.
- Ability to be creative in manifesting event themes.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as duties require.
- Experience in event management preferred.
- Ability to be able to lift and carry boxes and materials for events.
- Experience in publication design layout is a plus.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and passion for the performing arts is desirable.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Flynn Center for the Performing Arts
Human Resources Department
153 Main Street
Burlington, Vermont 05401, or
Email to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please. EOE