Employment & Internship Opportunities
BOX OFFICE SUPERVISOR (PART-TIME)
The FlynnTix Regional Box Office is searching for a part-time (approximately 24 hours per week) Box Office Supervisor. This is a great opportunity to become a part of the exciting world of performing arts at the Flynn Center!
The primary tasks for this position include: supervising Customer Service Representatives during Box Office hours and at shows at the Flynn and off-site venues; performing a variety of administrative tasks, acting as the main contact for customer service issues, acting as back up support to the Director of Box Office Operations, the Box Office Manager, and the full-time Box Office Supervisor in carrying out Box Office functions.
SOME DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise Customer Service Representatives during phone, window, and off-site sales.
- Perform customer service functions. Respond to customer inquiries and complaints; investigate and resolve problems.
- Supervise Box Office accounting procedures, including but not limited to daily reports & cash outs.
- Maintain current knowledge of on-sale dates, discounts, software changes and related operating procedures. Keep informational bulletin boards up to date.
- Supervise and staff the Box Office on show nights. Resolve ticketing problems. Function as the primary Supervisor for Sunday performances.
- Perform opening and end-of-day procedures accounting and close out procedures.
- Function as the primary Box Office representative for off-site Lane Series performances.
- Ensure a positive work environment at all times and pass along any issues to the other supervisors.
- Perform regular ticket sales functions on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the training of new agents.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma plus two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired.
- Ability to train and direct the activities of junior Box Office staff.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work well and problem-solve under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with box office operations desirable.
- Previous Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, nights and weekends.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by November 28, 2014 to:
Flynn Center Box Office
Attn: Leeeza Robbins
153 Main Street, Burlington, VT 05401
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE/No phone calls please.