The Flynn Center’s Education staff is deeply committed to forming partnerships with like-minded schools and organizations, knowing that we can all reach educational goals more effectively and efficiently together than apart. Partner schools and districts benefit from high quality professional development, world-class live performances, special artist meet-and-greet opportunities, national conferences (in some cases), and much more.
In establishing a partnership with a school or school district, the Flynn seeks a commitment from both the administration and faculty to promote the performing arts as an integral part of the school day. The Flynn and the school (or school district) agree to work together to:
- Support and provide professional development for the faculty of the school (or school district) re: using the performing arts as an integral part of the curriculum and educational tool;
- Support the attendance of all students at one or more Flynn Student Matinee(s) annually, so that they can witness high-quality live performing arts;
- Offer special opportunities for artists-in-schools to partner schools.
- Meet annually to update goals and related initiatives.
Current Partner Schools
- Integrated Arts Academy at H.O. Wheeler
- East Montpelier Elementary
- Robinson School
- Edmunds Middle School
- C.P. Smith Elementary
- The Edge Academy
- Alburg Educational Center
- Grand Isle Elementary School
Contact schoolprogramsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@flynncenter.org or 802-652-4548 ext. 6 with inquiries about partnership.