Grant Project Partners
The Flynn Center works closely with staff and faculty of partner schools to promote more performing arts in the schools, both as stand-alone areas of study, and integrated into the curriculum as a whole. Schools work with the Flynn to attain funding, and to develop programs that meet their specific educational needs. Kudos to those schools listed below for the time and energy they have given (or are giving) to the work of arts-in-education. Their dedication has further developed the Flynn’s Words Come Alive! techniques, making the lessons they learned available to other future partner schools.
Faculties current/past who have participated in the Words Come Alive professional development program:
- Alburg Community Education Center (since 2008), selected teachers
- Burlington High School, ELL newcomers class (since 2013)
- Burlington School District (since 2002), selected teachers in grades Pre-K-12.
- Bakersfield School (since 2012)
- Edge Academy (since 2008)
- East Montpelier Elementary School (2009-2011)
- Folsom Educational and Community Center, South Hero (since 2007)
- Grand Isle School (since 2008), selected teachers in grades 1-5
- Greater Burlington YMCA Early Education (2008)
- Highgate Elementary School (2004-2007), teachers in grades 4-6.
- Hinesburg Community School (2004-2007), teachers in Pre-K-4.
- Integrated Arts Academy at H.O. Wheeler School (since 2009)
- Isle La Motte Elementary School (2008-2011)
- John F. Kennedy School, Winooski (2007-08)
- John J. Flynn Elementary School, Burlington (2001-2004)
- Mount Holly School (2013-2014)
- North Hero Elementary School, North Hero (2007-2011)
- Robinson School (since 2005)
- Shelburne Community School (since 2011)