Reservations & Policies
- The ordering lottery begins on May 12.
- Orders postmarked by May 21 are placed in the lottery (see below).
- Orders postmarked after May 21 are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Order confirmations from the lottery are emailed in June and mailed in early August.
- Order forms may be submitted any time throughout the school year for the current season.
Click here to fill out an order form online.
Choose ONE method of delivery, below. Duplicate submissions cause doubled orders. Phone reservations are NOT accepted, and seats to the Student Matinee Series cannot be purchased through the Flynn Regional Box Office.
- MAIL your order form to Student Matinees, Flynn Center, 153 Main St. Burlington, VT 05401.
- HAND-DELIVER to Flynn Administrative Offices, 147 Main Street, Burlington (weekdays 8:30-5)
- FAX to 802-863-8788 (Make sure to fax both sides.)
To give each group a fair chance to see at least one of their top choices, each correct and complete order postmarked by May 21 is randomly pulled and one top choice processed. All orders are then processed randomly again to fill remaining requests. We take your preferences into account, but it decreases your odds in the lottery if you do not list multiple choices. Only one show is reserved in each order, but multiple shows can still be ordered on one form.
- SEAT NUMBERS: Include teachers and chaperones in your count! If uncertain of numbers, we recommend overestimating slightly. You will be able to adjust numbers until six weeks prior to the show.
- CONFIRMATION: Reservations are confirmed by email in June; no tickets are issued. Seating is based on age and other accommodations.
- WAITING LIST: Orders for sold-out shows are waitlisted. We’ll be in touch if seats open up.
- GROUPS OF 10 OR FEWER: You must pay in full at time of order.
- GROUPS OF 11 OR MORE: Don’t pay now. A bill will be sent 12 weeks prior to the show, and payment or purchase order is due three weeks before the show. (Purchase orders confirm final seat adjustments and guarantee payment prior to show.) Reservations not paid in full by the due date may be cancelled and a 50% cancellation fee charged. Invoices for shows in September to November will be mailed in early August. If you need an invoice before then, contact mailto:smsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@flynncenter.org.
- SUBSIDIZED SEATS: The Flynn raises funds to offer approximately 200 free seats per performance for students who meet criteria for fully subsidized lunches. Because the need always exceeds the available subsidies, request subsidies only if there are no PTO or other community funds to support these students. To request more than 15% of your seats be subsidized, a letter explaining your higher need must accompany your order.
- REFUNDS: There are NO REFUNDS for paid reservations, except in the unlikely case of a cancelled show. In that case, monies would be applied to another show, companion workshops, or refunded.
Changes & Cancellations:
A one-time request to change the quantity of seats should be made as early as possible. Failure to meet the deadlines below incurs a late cancellation/reduction fee equal to 50% of your reservation.
- 10 weeks before show: Cancellations due to the Flynn in writing.
- 6 weeks before show: All seating changes due (up to 15% of your seat total).
- 3 weeks before show: Full payment due.
- Weather-related cancellations: There are no refunds of paid reservations. If your school is closed or delayed on a show day, we will make every effort to offer you another grade-appropriate show. If not possible, funds will be applied to companion workshops.