Welcome to FlynnArts — where YOU come alive!
Curiosity meets discovery, talent meets development, and passion meets expression. Our classes span dance, music, and theater for all ages, and our teaching artists support creativity at every level. Some students go on to careers in the performing arts, while others are here for an expressive outlet; regardless of level we believe that every person has a unique spark—something special to express—and it’s our mission to help you find magical ways of coming alive through the arts. Whether it’s a half-day dance workshop or an eight-week standup comedy class, the journey itself inspires your creative soul, nurtures your talent, and helps you grow as a human being. Give it a shot in a semester-long class—or if you’re short on time, try a one-time workshop with an extraordinary visiting artist.
Our well-equipped studios and state-of-the art performance spaces—the historic Flynn Theatre and our “black box,” FlynnSpace—provide unparalleled sites for classes and for students to share their work with family and friends at semester’s end. As always, we are committed to supporting access to arts education through scholarships, accessible facilities, and active community partnerships with organizations like the King Street Youth Center.
FlynnArts is proud to be an associate member of the National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts and part of the Community Arts Education Council, a collaboration among non-profit arts organizations in the Champlain Valley. We believe that the vitality of our communities is strengthened through participation in the visual and performing arts. Our goal is to enrich the cultural environment by providing collective resources and collaborative projects.
Discover the spirit of FlynnArts—our high-caliber teaching artists; our commitment to individual attention; our dedication to fostering the creative spirit, igniting curiosity about the artistic process, and helping our students and community to make the arts an integral part of their lives. It’s time to make time for YOU!
Questions? For assistance contact Suzanne at 802-652-4548, ext. 4, or flynnartsREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@flynncenter.org.
- Passionate artist/educators inspire and nurture joy and self-expression
- Incredible guest artists offer masterclasses while performing at the Flynn. Students have worked with greats like jazz pianist Arturo O’Farrill, Broadway playwright Dan Elish, acclaimed theatrical outfit The Acting Company, choreographer Liz Lerman, The Russian National Ballet, MOMIX, Alvin Ailey Dance Company, Merce Cunningham Dance Company, and many more world-class performing artists
- Opportunities to perform: Jazz Combos give 4 concerts a year, including one in the Discover Jazz Festival; Casts of our Summer Youth Theater Casts perform on both Flynn Stages, Dance students culminate semester’s with a Mainstage showcase, and most classes & camps end with an informal sharing of some sort.
- Collaborations with other wonderful institutions include Vermont Public Radio, UVM, Shelburne Farms, Burlington City Arts, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum, ECHO, Lake Champlain Chocolates, and the Rokeby Museum.
- Other perks like discounted tickets for Flynn shows, free personal studio time available for summer dance students, college credit or recertification credit for selected classes, and more!