Special Volunteer Program
To celebrate the people that make a difference in our community, Cabot Creamery wants to reward volunteers for the time they donate to nonprofit organizations. From now through July 7, track your volunteer activity at the Flynn through Cabot's "Reward Volunteers" program. The more hours you log, the more points you'll earn, and those points can be redeemed for cash and prizes such as Cabot cheese, ski passes, and vacation packages. You'll also help the Flynn, because whenever you log your time, the Flynn has a chance to win a $3,000 donation. Earn points and get your friends involved by sharing your activity on Facebook or via email.
You can log hours by using their iPhone app, by using the widget at the right, or you can mail in your hours.
- Download the iPhone app here or use the widget at the right. To mail your hours see "To submit your hours by mail" below.
- Click the Connect button and type in your Facebook username and password.
Flynn Center into the search field and tap "Search" (iPhone app) or
"Enter" on your keyboard (web widget). Select the one with the picture
of the marquee. Click the Select button.
- Select the category "Something Good." Then enter the amount of time you've spent volunteering. Remember to log your time within 24 hours of the activity.
see an automatically generated message that you can edit, post to
Facebook, or email to friends to let them know about your hard work (only if you choose to)! The
post will appear in your Facebook newsfeed, on the iPhone app live
stream under the "Everyone" tab, and on the live map on the web widget.
- You'll earn Reach point with every hour you log, every email from you that your friends read, and every "like" or comment your friends make on your Facebook posts. And, the Flynn Center will earn chances to win cash, too!
- If you have questions, see the FAQ page or call (802) 652-4506.
Send your name, address, city, state, zip code, email address and day and evening telephone numbers with area code hand-printed on a 3 ½" by 5" paper or notecard. On the reverse side, write "Cabot Cheese Reward Volunteers Campaign." In addition, mail your completed entry in a hand-addressed stamped envelop to: Cabot Creamery Cooperative, 1 Home Farm Way, Montpelier, VT 05602 Attn: Reward Volunteers. Mail entries must by postmarked by July 1 and received by July 2, 2012.
The Flynn depends on literally hundreds of people each year to volunteer in our Spirit Program, to support our benefit events, and to serve on various committees such as programming, education and development.